Bhapa Doi and Mishti Doi both are traditional Bengali sweet but two different dessert. Mishti Doi can turn into Bhapa doi but not vice versa. In Bengali language Bhapa stands for “baked or steamed” and Doi means “yoghurt or dahi ”. This is the reason Bhapa Doi also famous as baked yogurt and steamed yogurt.Bhapa Doi can be flavored with saffron, cardamom or fruit crush and can be garnished with fresh fruits or chopped nuts.
Instructions to make Bhapa Doi :
- Prepare hung curd :Take sieve and a cloth in a large bowl, add curd in the bowl and tie it tightly. Keep it in the refrigerator until the water dips out completely. After 2-3 hours you will get your hung curd.
- Mix Hung Curd and Condensed milk in a large deep bowl till you see the froth appearing
- Add cardamom Powder, saffron or add fruit crush to add flavor in the doi. (optional).
- Blend the mixture well till it turns creamy and no lumps left in the mixture.
- Pour the mixture into bowls. If you are using microwave then use microwave-safe bowls.
- Add chopped nuts (optional)or dry fruits of your choice and cover the bowl with aluminium foil.
- Put the doi in the steamer for 15-20 minutes. If you are using microwave/ oven then it will take less time. To check if the pudding is cooked perfectly or not, insert a toothpick in it. It should come out clean.
- After 20 minutes you will get your delicious Bhapa Doi. Let the doi cool completely then put the doi bowl in the refrigerator.
- After few hours enjoy your Bhapa Doi with your friends and family.